by Cindy Bahl
Director of Business Development and Amplify! Events
Dirkse Counseling and Consulting, Inc.
Anniversaries commemorate special occasions in our lives; from first dates to wedding dates, and from first day-on-the-job to retirement, we like to celebrate milestone events in our lives.
I recently celebrated my fifth anniversary with Dirkse CC. I’m proud to say, I’ve come a long way in five years, learning and growing along the way and becoming more and more passionate about our mission and goals to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
However, what I’m really excited about is to share a special success story at Amplify! Rock Stars on May 23rd. We will be celebrating another fifth anniversary of an individual we helped support and place in his very first job. Join me in acknowledging five years of successful employment for Michael Takata, a 2011 graduate of Beaverton High School and a 2014 graduate of the Beaverton Community Transition Program. Michael and his mom, Vicki Takata, with support from Job Coach, Wynter Lyons, will be sharing how working independently has affected his life and the impact it makes on the local community. You will not want to miss his story and the celebration of this milestone anniversary! We originally shared his employment journey in a story published in the October 2016 issue of The Beaverton Resource Guide, a community partner we will also acknowledge at the event.
Register Today for Amplify! Rock Stars 2019
Join us for our 2nd annual Amplify! Rock Stars event, May 23rd @ Embassy Suites by Hilton, Portland-Washington Square.
Secure your spot now and plan on another inspiring morning full of success stories and celebrations!
May 23, 2019 9:00am – 11:30am
Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington Square
- Continental Breakfast & Networking
- Inspirational Keynote Speaker: Heather Weldon, Strategic Advisor, City of Seattle
- Success Stories from Individuals & Workforce Programs
- Employer Awards & Recognition
- Professional Development Breakout & More!
Partner with us! You too can become a sponsor and partner of Amplify! Help us promote diversity and inclusion in our workforce and community – ASK US HOW – contact Cindy Bahl @ 503-258-7715 or email@example.com
Thursday, May 23rd, 2019
12:00pm – 2:00pm
Embassy Suites by Hilton
9000 SW Washington Square Rd., Tigard, OR 97223
MAP TO EVENT
Job Seekers – Register here to attend the Amplified Job Opportunity Fair! Bring your resume and meet employers on May 23rd, 12-2pm @ Embassy Suites by Hilton, Portland-Washington Square.
For Job Seekers
- Select employers who are interested in disability, diversity and inclusion will be on-site.
- Talk to employers who have part time openings and are ready to hire now!
- Job Coaches, Personal Service Workers and Employment Specialists are welcome!
- Bring your resume and come prepared to share your career goal.
- City of Beaverton
- Embassy Suites
- …More to Come!
If you are an employer and need to increase your workforce with motivated, reliable candidates with skills and abilities to meet your business needs, join us for our Amplified Job Opportunity Fair on May 23rd, 12-2pm, directly after the Rock Star event. Contact Cindy Bahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-258-7715 today for more information and to register!
The day includes a 2.5-hour event (details below) and the Amplified Job Opportunity Fair directly after the main event that will help connect you to differently abled Job Seekers with the goal of helping you meet your disability diversity recruitment and hiring goals.
$150 Registration Fee Includes:
- 1 ticket to Amplify! Rock Stars event (9am – 11:30am)
- 1 boxed lunch during 11:30am – 12:00pm lunch break
- 1 table / 2 chairs for Job Fair (12:00pm – 2pm)
- 1 social media acknowledgement
- Your logo on the Amplify! website and at the event