By: Cindy Bahl, Business Development Manager & Amplify! Event Coordinator, Dirkse Counseling & Consulting, Inc.
You may be asking yourself: Why is Amplify! important to me and my business? Why should I attend the October 19th event? How will this event make a difference in my company, in my diversity hiring and overall goals and success? All good questions that deserve answers. Here are my top 3 reasons why you should attend:
- You will be inspired; I can almost guarantee it! Our Keynote Speaker, Dr. Richard Pimentel (a PSU graduate and Portland native) has an amazing story he tells with his gift of speech, humor and poignant, real-life examples. He will motivate and encourage you to find your own “Music Within” as well as help others find their music. Get a preview by watching the movie trailer.
- You will be encouraged to look at the abilities of people in a new and diverse way.
- You will be challenged to consider how your personal unconscious bias may be affecting your ability to see the many benefits of hiring individuals who experience disabilities, specifically Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD).
The previous blog post defined Amplify! as a tool to help employers learn how they can access an untapped workforce by including individuals with I/DD in their workplace. Amplify! Is a cultural movement designed to encourage and equip Oregon businesses to build their workforce and community through disability inclusiveness for people of ALL abilities.
Amplify! Will help you make some noise by:
• Amping up your workforce and company culture
• Amping up your diversity goals
• Amping up our community
This is Amplify Success! And you won’t want to miss it; October 19th, 2017 – 8:00-11:00am (Plus free breakfast and networking!) Register Today!